ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of internal auditing standards and practices, risk management and internal control practices, and experience applying them to effectively execute assigned responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills. Able to develop and execute risk-based audit programs for complex operations.
- Ability to assess the adequacy of policies, procedures and controls, draw sound conclusions based on the situation and data obtained, and recommend cost-effective alternatives as necessary.
- Effectively use professional and interpersonal skills with clients, audit personnel, management and external contacts to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Detailed oriented and organized. Able to multitask and meet budgets and deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of company and professional ethics.
- Able to maintain and perform with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Conveys a positive and professional attitude towards clients and staff members.
- Able to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of mortgage origination and servicing practices preferred.
- Knowledge/experience regarding information technology auditing practices and techniques, and data analysis tools and techniques are a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum seven or more years of professional audit experience. Prior experience in performing audits of mortgage origination and servicing operations preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or similar professional designations.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to mortgage origination and servicing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of MSP and Encompass preferred.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Visio, Access, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Etc.)