The Default Credit Risk Supervisor is responsible for supervising the underwriting staff’s performance, ensuring adherence to regulatory guidance, and reporting production results. The position will also be responsible for second signing higher risk transactions. This position works closely with the Loss Mitigation and Default Management Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyze transactions to ensure compliance with investor proprietary as well as HAMP, FHA, VA, USDA and GSE program modification guidelines
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• 7+ years’ experience in residential mortgage underwriting, ability to calculate income, expenses, ratios, NDI, and other standard underwriting knowledge
• Management and QC or audit experience, enhanced submission authority
• Superior time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to own a process
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other relevant coursework preferred, or equivalent training and work experience; High School Diploma required.
• Experience with modification documentation or origination closing documentation
• Familiarity with HAMP, FHA, VA guides and procedures
• NMLS Licensing
• Servicing experience, especially delinquent assets
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
• PC computer with Windows operating system, facsimile, photocopier, MS Word, Excel and Access.
• Proficiency in MSP, subject matter expert preferred