ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Deep understanding of the residential mortgage industry and a strong appreciation for the complexities and constraints specific to the regulatory structure. Preferably, this individual will also have broad-based knowledge and experience in applying bank regulatory laws and regulations, dealing with regulators and examinations, and managing high profile litigation matters.
- Proven ability and affinity for building value-added relationships with the leaders of the business, and be able to serve as an outstanding legal strategist Experience in advising, counseling and working with a chief executive, his/her leadership team and a Board of Directors of a public company is desirable.
- Considerable executive presence as well as excellent interpersonal, people development, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and people management skills.
- Experience addressing a wide variety of corporate legal issues in an innovative manner.
- Strong work ethic.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree and a JD Degree from a top tier ABA accredited law school required
- Admission to a state bar with an active membership in good standing. Texas Bar admission preferred.
- 7 + years of experience practicing law in related fees.
- Experience as an attorney in the legal department of a mortgage servicer preferred.
- Mortgage company or law firm experience with federal and state financial services laws affecting residential real estate lending and servicing
- Familiarity with key legal issues, laws and regulations impacting the mortgage industry, including laws such as RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FACTA, ECOA, EFTA, HOEPA and Dodd-Frank
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Computer, Fax, email programs
- Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Fidelity MSP (Mortgage Servicing Platform)
- LPS (Lender Processing Services)