ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to use influence rather than mandate to connect with a wide variety of stakeholders to win their support and commitment.
- Proven ability to build credible, effective working relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects and driving them to completion on time and within budget.
- Effective at setting high standards for both personal and team productivity.
- Expert knowledge of audit methodology, practices, and trends, including statistics based auditing methods.
- Proven problem solving skills that add value to areas audited.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of mortgage origination and servicing practices preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- 8+ years of external and/or internal audit or audit-related experience, preferably Financial Services with a focus on retail lending including servicing.
- Hands-on understanding of the financial service industry including knowledge of capital markets and/or brokerage.
- Professional audit certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) and registration/licensing preferred.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- PC running on Microsoft Windows
- MS PowerPoint and Excel Intermediate level